Sunday 10 June 2007

Intermission...

Well, I've landed in Singapore and am whittling away a short stay while the plane gets refuelled.

No major events so far, although my toothpaste was confiscated in Melbourne by a grumpy security gaurd who informed me that it was 10 grams over the limit for the airplane. Slightly frustrating, but the Qantas lounge in Singapore gave me a little toothbrush and toothpaste when I went to have a shower. And what a shower! I had my own little bathroom with all the usual bits and pieces. A refreshing break.

Add alongside that a nice french onion soup and a self serve bar, and it's been quite a nice little layover.

I'll be sitting in the same seat on the way to London, and hopefully I'll get some sleep with the help of a little friend called
Stilnox, so with a bit of luck I'll be hitting the ground running when I get to Amsterdam. Thats assuming I didn't contract TB from the Indian dude sitting next to me who kept toweling himself down every half an hour and looked like he had a _very_ big night before getting on the plane.

Anyway, so far, so good. Next stop London!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had to throw out 2 tubes of tooth paste this trip. It is bull crap.

Amsterdam hey? I thought you were still on that particular wagon.

Have a good one,
Paul